A fellow traveler

     

     Good day! Today I have another story to share with you, and as you may have guessed, it's about doing one of the challenges. 

  Last year I read a book "A perfect stranger" by Danielle Steel, where the main characters met on a plane. It all started with a little conversation between the two main characters who happened to be neighbours. A similar story happened to me. 

     Last week on the flight home, I managed to have a conversation with a girl neighbour. Normally I don't talk on the plane, as I prefer to read a book, but this time my phone died and I couldn't finish reading the electronic version of "Gone with the Wind". So I decided to talk to the girl next to me. Her name is Kristina, and she's a student like me. Fortunately, there was a good excuse for a conversation. She was watching a series I knew. It was "Emily in Paris". We had a little discussion about the show, and we shared our impressions of it. 

      How did I feel at that moment? At first, I was embarrassed  and afriad to ask the girl, but I got over myself, because I wondered terribly which season she was watching. I wasn't sure if there was a new one. I didn't want to miss it. But then I was no longer afraid of the strange and uneasy feeling. The girl turned out to be quite friendly. Apparently, she didn't mind talking to me either. We even exchanged our Instagram accounts.

      Will I do something like that again? I don't know. If I get the chance. And you, have you ever done anything like that?



Comments