Self-analysis of my Winter Holidays Speech


When I think of winter, the words come to mind:

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is time for home."

They were the ones that came to my mind when I was given the task of choosing a photo from the photo gallery and describing my winter holidays. Only half a minute was given for the speech. It was a very short speech, something I had never had to deal with before. I did it and after a few days I can say with certainty that I didn't like the way I did it.  I have been rewatching and analyzing the video (which has already become torture for me, as I don't like taking pictures, much less recording myself on video) and I came to these conclusions:

  • Firstly, the most important drawback is that I did not manage to meet the time limit. 
  • This was due to the second disadvantage. It is that the pace of the speech was too slow and there were a lot of pauses and stuttering.
  • In addition, there was no eye contact with the audience. 

On the positive side, I can point out 3 advantages:

  • the relevance of the topic,
  • the delivery of the main message despite of the difficulties,
  • the use of staccato in the beginning to attract the audience's attention.
Strangely enough, in spite of the difficulty and the overall poor impression of how I did, I generally enjoyed the task itself. Because it helped me remember my winter holidays and relive all the beautiful moments of my winter once again. It filled me with wonderful memories, scents and sounds of home and holiday. Try doing the same. How does it make you feel?


Comments

Popular Posts