Persuasive Speech: introduction and body

Hi all. Well, I'm through with the informative speech and can begin to develop the second type of speech: persuasive speech.

In this post, I will share with you my findings. It is very important for me to get your feedback. After all, persuasive speech is aimed at the audience.  Please comment on the choice of the topic and suggest improvements if you have any. I would be very grateful. 😊

As the topic I've chosen the statement: your passion will not lead you to your dream job. You may ask a question: "How does this relate to 4th year students? We've all made up our minds about the profession. This is more helpful for applicants." That's all true, of course. But there's a big BUT. I noticed a long time ago that some students still have doubts, some have had time to become disillusioned with the profession. That is reason for giving this speech. We are still young, we still have time to fix and change something in our lives. We should not miss the opportunity. We have a year to spare before we enter the job market. Perhaps my thought will make some sense to some of you (if you haven't figured it out yet). And I also hope that it can help those who are choosing their niche in education. Maybe what you have chosen for yourself now, because you like it and it brings you a lot of emotion and satisfaction, does not bring as much benefit to people and you should pay attention to a problem that really needs to be resolved? 

To cut a long story short. Here's what I managed to do on my assignment (which is to write an introduction and a speech outline)

Introduction
  
1 - That reaction was close to mine when people asked me  endless questions about the profession when I was a school graduate. 
2 -  When choosing a profession, many people are guided by the stereotype that the job should be about your interests. But this concept is fundamentally wrong. 
3 - To find a great job, you don't have to follow your passion. 
4 - And today I will prove it to you with simple examples and, most importantly, show you how to proceed.

Body
I Problem
1. What if I told you that using the logical chain of "interests and passion --> success --> fulfilling work" is a failure. 

a) Things that fascinate and excite us are sometimes unsuccessful.

# My example of failure.
# Statistics (only 3% of people who have found their calling in sports, the arts are successful)
 
2. Passion is not solid ground for building a career.

a) Passions are feelings and they change
 # Boris Pasternak wanted to be a composer, but he failed. And he found his calling as a writer.

b) We can make mistakes and overlook what we need. 
# As often we overlook true love, looking for The One. 

II Solution
So how do we act and what do we base on choosing a profession? Do what's valuable. 

Well, that' s about it. How do you like it? Share your comments below. You're welcome :)



Comments

Popular Posts