Challenge 7

Have you ever felt embarrassed looking at your old photos and thought: "What if your mother/grandmother posts them on her Classmates? Nightmare!" If you too are ashamed of your childhood or teenage photos, welcome to my "team". 

I'm a private person by nature and don't like to display my life (although once every six months I can add a really good shot to my instagram page). But recently I came across a post on social media where people were posting really funny photos from their childhood. I would burst with embarrassment if someone saw a photo of me like that. This post got me thinking that there are brave people who have a sense of humour and self-irony and they are not afraid of people. And they live life to the fullest, unafraid of appearing funny or ridiculous, that is, unashamed of themselves. To cut a long story short, the post inspired my follow-up challange. So, I've made up my mind and I posted my least favourite childhood photo. Link to the post: https://vk.com/photo362088862_457240064

Although I did it only a few hours ago, a lot of people looked at it. Some really liked it and even wrote me a few words in private messages. No one left a caustic comment.

All in all, my fear of someone making fun of me went away. Sure, you can't just stop being self-conscious, but still... It's worth posting something else that I would never have posted to follow both the reactions of my acquaintances and my own internal changes. 


Comments

Popular Posts